- Advanced camera control modes simplify great shots
- Adjust GoPro camera settings on the controller
- Excellent wind resistance
- Best flight planning software in its class
- Camera and Gimbal sold separately 🙁
- No spare parts provided
Powered by WP Product Review
Designed to carry the GoPro camera of your choice, the 3DR Iris+ is a proven ready-to-fly HD camera drone that’s packed with advanced GPS autopilot and camera modes that only 3DR offers.
The 3DR IRIS+ contains everything you need to fly and take great shots. Just attach the props, charge the battery and start flying.
With the optional GoPro Gimbal attached, the Iris+ delivers a rock-solid image and an unmatched degree of control over your GoPro’s settings including exposure, focal point and others.
3DR is known for their world class autopilot software and advanced flight controls. The Iris+ is equipped with 3DR’s advanced Pixhawk autopilot system and advanced camera positioning options including Follow-Me.
Using 3DR’s Android-based Tower (DroidPlanner3) Mission Planning app, GPS-based flight planning and operation is as simple as drawing a flight path on top of a satellite map. Then, use Pixhawk to execute your plan.
You can interrupt or modify your flight plan while in-flight, too.
- Advanced Pixhawk autopilot system
- High-capacity flight battery
- Return Home feature
- Emergency Landing
- Battery charger + 2 batteries
- Ground station radio
- Integrated LEDs on all arms provide directional awareness
- Remote controller
- 16 mins flight time (loaded w/ GoPro)
- Camera and Gimbal sold separately
Features We Like
- Pixhawk autopilot system is best-of-breed for this price range
- Automatic Mission Planning w/ DroidPlanner app: plan flights by simply drawing a flight plan on any Android tablet or phone.
- Telemetry data streams live to controller; helpful in diagnosing issues when drone is out-of-sight
- Optional GoPro gimbal ($399.95) provides a superb degree of control over your GoPro camera, including setting exposure, focal point and more
- Follow-Me / 3PV camera mode makes taking selfies a snap
- Region of Interest (ROI) camera mode keeps your GoPro focused on the action, guaranteeing great shots with a minimum of effort
Latest posts by Andrew Nixon (see all)
- Fly It, or Buy It? The Complete Guide To Using Camera Drones for Real Estate Marketing - February 16, 2017
- How To Buy an Agriculture Drone: An In-Depth Buyer’s Guide - February 14, 2017
- Racing Drone Buyers Guide - February 9, 2017