Parrot takes aerial HD video it to the next level with the compact, easy to fly AR Parrot Bebop.
The Bebop is an easy to use, ready-to-fly FPV camera drone capable of taking mostly stable 1080p video and stills from up to 2km away (with optional SkyController station).
Everything is integrated and ready to go.
Using AR’s downloadable controller app, Freeflight 3, the Parrot Bebop can be controlled using your iOS or Android device. You can also view live video streams and program & track flight paths.
Worried about radio interference? You don’t have anymore, thanks to the Bebop’s selectable 2.4GHx or 5.0 MIMMO frequencies.
The optional (and recommended) dual-joystick Skycontroller FPV transmitter/reciever extends the range to 2 km and connects the drone with a variety of FPV glasses, providing a completely immersive piloting experience.
And speaking of racing, the Parrot BeBop is pretty fast (29 mph) and aerobatic. With FPV glasses on, it’s a hoot to fly.
Our only quabble is with the camera quality – the images are not quite as good as more expensive but much heavier GoPro drones – and you can’t swap the camera out. That said, the video quality is still pretty darn good – take a look:
- 14 megapixel Full HD “fisheye” Camera records 1080p video at 30 fps.
- 8 GB onboard flash memory
- 3-axis digital image stabilization
- Records videos and pictures in a 180° field
- 180 degree camera panning is separate from drone movement
- Built-in GPS and autopilot using programmable waypoints
- Programmable autonomous flight paths
- Automatic return home
- Emergency Land
- High altitude flight control
- Controlled using Freeflight 3, a free app available on iOS, Android and Windows 8.1
- Ultrasound ground detection within 8 meters
- 8-10 min flight time
- 200m ceiling
- 29 mph top speed
- 2 km range (with optional Skycontroller)
Features We Like
- Lightweight construction and EPP rotor guards make the Bebop extra-tough
- Suitable for beginners to experienced pilots.
- Awesome racing drone
- Built-in 1920x1080p 14 megapixel camera with Fish-eye lens produces clear video and stills, with just a bit of shakiness at times
- Controlled via iOS/Android app FlightTime 3
- Skycontroller + HDMI glasses delivers a cool, immersive FPV experience
- Selectable operating frequency (2.4 or 5 GHz) eliminates interference concerns